Tuesday 13 September 2011

Stage 1 – “Get out of England” is now complete.

I was supposed to do a blog update yesterday morning but last minute ‘do I have everything I need’ panic got in the way.

I spent the last weekend on the couch charging up my batteries. Apparently for an athlete, (yep, that's what I was referred to as) that means food, and for someone who loves food that presented no problem at all.

I watched 20 hours of 30 rock to stop myself from stressing about not training at all or even changing my mind.

The first thanks comes here. To Mark (Farmaner) for the light banter in the Burma Campaign office on Monday before I left. Relaxed my nerves and reminded me that rain, hail or shine, Mark is always up for a laugh...at my expense.

Day 1 went by event free although I did learn something already. If the gate is shut and you need to lift your bike over a fence it usually means you can't take your bike there.

So Tuesday morning I have no muscle soreness apart from the muscle in my back I hurt whilst lifting the bike over the fence. Idiot!

I know a few people are concerned about my lack of training, but don't worry so am I. Another thing that concerns me is living out of rooms that look like the navy seals have been looking for Osama.

Just one last thing before I let you get back to whatever it was you were doing.

Thanks to everyone who has supported me in the last few months. The ideas, the occasional pat on the back, just listening to me talk is kindly appreciated. Thanks to those who lent me things I need for the trip, Ray and Donal.

My family, just for worrying about me, it shows me how much you care. Everyone who came to Trafalgar Square to make sure I leave, thanks.

Stephen, while I rolled around on my bike yesterday you spent the day in hospital fixing your ticker. Get well buddy.

I hope I do you proud.

Jag

P.S. Ahhhhh sunny France